Today, the UEL group at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe has elected Vice-chair Andrej Hunko (Die Linke, Germany) as its interim chairperson.
Andrej Hunko is member of the Parliamentary Assembly since January 2010. He has served as the Vice-Chairperson of the Sub-Committee on the European Social Charter and as Vice-Chairperson on the Committee on Social Affairs, Health and Sustainable Development.
He has written the following reports:
- The honouring of membership obligations to the Council of Europe by San Marino (06/04/2023 | Doc. 15737)
- Overcoming the socio-economic crisis sparked by the Covid-19 pandemic (07/06/2021 | Doc. 15310)
- Lessons for the future from an effective and rights-based response to the COVID-19 pandemic (11/06/2020 | Doc. 15115)
- Fighting income inequality as a means of fostering social cohesion and economic development (07/04/2017 | Doc. 14287)
- Protection of the right to bargain collectively, including the right to strike (09/01/2015 | Doc. 13663)
Austerity measures – a danger for democracy and social rights (07/06/2012 | Doc. 12948)
and a Committee Opinion on “Over-indebtedness of states: a danger for democracy and human rights” (11/04/2011 | Doc. 12571)
Andrej Hunko was a member of numerous Election Observation Missions (EOM) of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) and the OSCE.